12.12.2009

Titanic-I love it!

Just finish watching Titanic. There are more than 5 times I had watched this movie but I still like it as much as I watched it for the first time. The love story between Jack Dawson and Rose is so marvelous and romantic! they truely love each other even though they come from two totally different class of people. Jack keep giving support and courage to Rose even until the last gap of air that he could breath in. He keep protecting her, reassuring her and directing her to do something she never does before even though both of them are in great danger and every single delay will cause them to trap under water and die. Both of them are in deep love. They rather die together than separating from each other forever. They have strong feeling to each other even though they only know each other for not more than a week. It’s so romantic and I wish to have one, but reality tells me that it is nor practical. Love is not just romantic but many other things.

Anyway, I still think that this is a great story. When people are on the edge between live and die, they react in various ways. Those selfish bastards will definitely think of themselves only, not even their family members. They bribe to get the priority to get on the survival boat even though the boats are for woman and children first. Of course, in this case, I am referring to those timid bastard and cowards. What a waste that God has given them the sex of male! However, there’re also some heart-warming scenes that we can see when their life is going to end. Some of them prefer to stay with their beloved and let the sea master take their soul away. There are some who prefer to die gentlemanly where they just sit and wait for the water to wash away their body, their soul and everything. There are parents who ignore the visit of death master and continue to tell bedtime story to their children. Musicians play some merry songs to calm down the frightened people even though they know it doesn’t work much at that moment. They have no fear of dying and welcome death in open arms. These are the touching parts during the chaos. If I were one of them victim (I know it’s bad to do this kind of assumption), I will follow Rose footstep-never leave without my love one (including my family members). I want to share the pain they bare and suffer together with them. I can ask them to go without me but they can never ask me to go without them.

2,200 people take the ship. 1,500 people fall into the sea when the ship is totally engulfed by the sea. 20 boats are released with approximately 700 people in total board on them. When the ship sinks completely into the water, only one boat come back to rescue the survival. The others just sit in the boats and do nothing. They are waiting to live, waiting to die, waiting for an absolution that would never come. From the 1,500 people, only 6 survive including I.”Rose said. The highlighted part is the phrase that I like the most. We shouldn’t be selfish or we will regret for the whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment