12.07.2009

I am back to kuantan!

WOW! Finally, I was back to my hometown-Kuantan again. I was really happy because this balik kampong was actually a family reunion for me. I was eventually together with my beloved family members again-daddy, mummy, go go and di di. Hehe! It’s great to see them again. Not much change on them except for my younger brother. He has grown even taller now. I guessed he is around 166cm high now and I would not be surprised to see him reaching the height of my elder bro the next coming years.

My family members did not change much and the same goes to my lovely hometown. However, once I reached the city, I realized that there’s a vast difference between Kuala Lumpur or simply Kota Bandar Utama and Kuantan. I couldn’t see well-lid and nicely-designed shops everywhere but old buildings with tarnished paint. No flyovers, no six-lane roads, no sky scrapers everywhere and no congestion. No modernly-dressed people walking along the road and no businessmen or businesswomen discussing about their business plan in the high-class café, yet, I like this small town because I was born here and I am definitely proud of becoming one of its citizens as this place is in progressing now.

Lastly, that’s my old but comfortable house. Some new plants were now in my garden, for example, the hibiscus. I am sure that is my mother work! Besides, there is also a “pen zai” in my house garage. My dad was the new owner of the plant as its former master has chosen to abandon it when they move into their new house. Besides the flowers, the interior part didn’t change much. It still the house that I have been living in for 18 years.

Welcome home to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment