5.28.2010

Poems

Yesterday during EALD class, I can actually see that all my classmates have really high potential in becoming a poet in the future. Their poems are unique in their own ways as all of them have different way of writing it. These are some that I found them quite interesting and I would like to share them with you all but I highly recommend you all to ask someone to cite them out for you with the correct intonation as they sound better when you listen to them compare to you read them silently in your heart.


A Victim of Vanity
Written by : Ch’ng Dao Zhen

They were born
As children who only knew mummy
And went all around and simply wee-wee
But sadly they live in a metropolitan ccity
'cos after a quarter of a century
She’s driving a Mini
Yet yearning for a Nissan 370Z
He’s in his Audi
But keeps thinking of a Lamborghini

She’s sipping a cuppa cappuccino
And he’s staring at his espresso
But they wished they’d save ten dollars or so
By having a two-buck kopi o

He’s just got his meager salary
But after fifteen minutes or twenty
He’d spend half that on the latest Armani
She’s just got a credit card from Citi
But in minutes counting less than sixty
She’s maxed in out from an LV
With a few Prada and Gucci

They wonder if it’s necessary
To load themselves with all that luxury
And get into a financial quandary
So they sigh when they’re lonely
If not because of vanity
Life and money
Can be so simple and easy

This sounds great isn’t it? He managed to produce such a nice piece of work just within 40 minutes time. This is really cool! As for me, I think the poem below will suit me the best.

I really Can’t Seem to Write a Poem
Written by : Lim Li Chi

I cracked my head for a whole day long
With the pen in my hand
And the desk lamp switched on
But the paper is still empty
And my mind is going crazy
With alphabets and words
I guess writing is not so easy
Should I be happy?
Should I be sick?
Should I be in love or should I be realistic?
What should I be in this poem of mine?
Oh, could someone be so kind as to tell me who am I?
So, this is what it feels like to be writing a poem
My brain is not working as I summoned
Oh how I wished and wished and wished and wished
That something would pop out all of a sudden
But I know that miracles don’t really happen
And all these bring only to one conclusion

I really can’t seem to write a poem.

A big applause for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment