5.31.2010

No Boring Three-day Holidays

Doing math correction without thinking about math, tasting ABC soup specially prepared by Meng Min and WinJing without feeling its sweetness and warmness, lying on the bed without thinking of sleeping, eventually I made my decision to stay at student house for the last three-day holidays despite the high probability that I will be all alone. Meng Min, Li Chi, Yen Shiang and Sook Yan went back to their hometown, Jia Min went to Singapore, Xing Jing stayed with her brother at Sunway, Heng Hee might be going to Shen’s aunty house and Winjing would follow her mum to stay in hotel starting from Saturday. No one would be in Student house. I would have to do everything alone – sleep alone, do homework alone, prepare 3 meals a day alone, play alone, watch TV alone……Yet, I still choose student house because i was tired of travelling.

However, miracles occurred! Heng Hee’s plan to Shen’s aunty house had cancelled, so finally I had a companion. All the help that I had been searching for to reduce my boredom and loneliness staying at student house could now all be cancelled. Anyway, still thanks them a lot for agreeing to keep me accompany. Thanks to CiKu, Li Chi, Meng Min and Raphael. You all are really helpful and kind to me.

My supposedly very boring holidays ended up to become fruitful holidays. On Friday, I had completed my chemistry exercises together with WinJing. We had even watched two movies together, which were “Hachiko” and “The Old Dogs”. “Hachiko” was a movie based on the true story of a Japanese dog faithfully waiting for the return of his master until the day it died whereas “The Old Dogs” is, I think it could be considered as a comedy. Both movies had heartwarming storylines and I highly recommended you all to watch “Hachiko”. I bet you will have your tears streaming down through your cheeks like tap water throughout the movie coz' that's what happened to me.
On Saturday and Sunday, I went to MPH Bookstore in One Utama Shopping Complex. The first day I went there together with Heng Hee, Sieng Sieng and Ciku who join our study group later. It’s such a condusive place to study. With soft classical music accompanying me, there’s no stress at all to study there but I almost succumbed to the sleeping notion in my head due to the cool and comfortable environment there. I had fell in love with it on the first day I went there, that’s why I paid a visit to it again on the next day, but for a different purpose- to read novels. One thing that is so amazing about the MPH bookstore is it can also be a library too, probably better than library because most of the new arrivals can be found there. There’re also sofas catered especially for customers who would like to read books that they couldn’t afford to buy or books that only a small part of it is useful to them. There're an assortment of books and magazines available there and I can access to them, sit there until i finish it without having any staffs eyeing on you as if you are going to steal the book. I think the whole idea of providing this kind of facility is good because it’s not just a bookstore that run for the purpose of earning as much profits as it can, but promote and encourage the habit of reading. I really really really love MPH now!

No comments:

Post a Comment