1.01.2010

Was I being KL-ised?

On 1st July 2009, when I first saw “Secret Recipe”, “Starbucks”, “McDonald” and … which were just opposite my college that I was going to enroll, I was so excited and I told myself, life in BU will be like in heaven because there are so many choices of delicious food here. The first few weeks I stayed in BU, Centrepoint and 1U were the two places that I had most visited. I was so excited to taste all the food there and indeed, I had almost completed this mission and was really pleased with the accomplishment. “Strait café”, “Sakae Sushi”, “Secret Recipe”, “Old Town”, “Domino Pizza”, “Subway”, “Teochew Restaurant”, “ You Tiao Gui Gui” and “Shi Lin”. These were all the restaurants that I had visited before. Some I had even entered for more than one time.

2 months went off….then 3 month… 4 months and so on. I no longer found these food inviting. They tasted no special than the hawker’s food except their appearance looked more appetizing. They are two times more expensive than the hawker’s food though they taste the same, not including the service charge and government tax yet. I didn’t really willing to dine in these restaurants. I tried to avoid them as I wanted to keep my expenses in budget. I turned to hawker stalls for lunch and if possible, I cooked for dinner. Home-cooked food is the one that I most preferred as it’s the cheapest and the healthiest. I missed the food in my hometown very much.

Now, I’m back to my hometown. Every day, my mother cooks for lunch and dinner because she knows I miss them so terribly. I really enjoy them but sometimes, I will desire to dine in restaurant, especially when I go for shopping with mum. ECM is the most luxurious mall in Kuantan but I can hardly find any food that looks appealing to me. “Rasa Mas”, “Pizza Hut”, “KFC”, “Sushi King” and “Big Apple Donut” are all I can find in this mall. I don’t feel like entering these outlets because I had dined in these outlets for so many times already when I was in BU. I am finding “Shi Lin” and “Paratha pizza” but I can’t find them. They are not here but in 1U and I miss their taste so much. My mum suggests taking KFC for lunch and she thought this will brightened me up but nope. She still treat KFC as food that we will only take once in a time, probably once in a month, but it is no longer so for me. She thought I will be happy if she could buy me some Big Apple Donuts but no. I could buy it anywhere in BU or PJ and I’ve almost bored of eating them.

See, there’s a gap between my mentality and my family members’ mentality. I feel like I am being KLised when I was staying in BU. Is this a bad sign?

1 comment:

  1. Whatever it is, just be moderate.
    Being KL-iesd is neither a good nor a bad thing.
    U gained experiences which assist in your growth, but u lose stg unintentionally as well. It's a transition period. Take it easy and learn from this.
    Dun Worry.. =)

    ReplyDelete