10.26.2009

A normal day!

Today, I got my marks for the presentation on “My Dream Holiday Destination”. I had been told by one of my classmates that those who scored 40 and above is considered excellent. Surprisingly, I scored a forty for my presentation. I never expect to score that high even though I got the lowest marks among six of my friends. However, I was satisfied with it and at the same time, I will put more effort in improving my English, especially in reducing grammar mistakes that I often make when speaking. Just like what had recommended by Ms.Wan, I should watch more documentaries, do a mock presentation before the actual day of presenting my slide shows and record my speaking so that I can pick up my mistakes when I be the audience of my own presentation. Here, I would like to thanks all my six friends who had assisted me in preparing this presentation, especially the script and I was grateful that all of you accompanied me until midnight 1.30p.m just to listen to my mock presentation, which I think is quite boring, I guess. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Another thing that I would like to express in this post is …. Wow! It was such a tense period during Malaysian studies lecture. Teacher was about 10 minutes late but when he stepped into the class, his face looks serious, and the broad smile that he used to hang on his face seems like hiding at somewhere else. The most important point was no notes on his hands, no bag and the only stuff he brought in was his laptop. “Is there a quiz today?” “Definitely not since no paper on his hands.”(There’s actually some but not many enough to be given out to every students in the class) OMG! It’s the day for presentation…We would be asked question promptly and we need to answer it on the spot. Of course, we would be given time to think but you know, the approximately 3 minutes time was considered as little and what else when we were nervous, shivering and “shaking” until our mind couldn’t function normally? Gosh! I was absolutely nervous even though I kept yawning due to lack of oxygen as most of the oxygen had been used up by my muscles to shiver! Hehe!

Seconds by seconds, minutes by minutes, groups by group of students reluctantly left their seats to be “interrogated” by lecturer about their opinion on some current issues. Fortunately, the presentation started from the A-level students first! Thanks god! At least I would have some time to let my brain to accept the fact that today was the day of presentation and probably I could get some examples of how am I going to respond to lecturer’s questions if I became the lucky star today. The first three groups, I guess was the three most unlucky groups. Their topics were mostly about politics and social issues, which I belief would be some tough questions for most of the students. Let’s give you some rough idea about those difficult questions. For instance, the question could be about Dr.Mahathir or the conflict between Malaysia and Indonesia.

Besides the questions that the first three unfortunate groups get, the rest was quite easy and funny, especially topics related to sex, prostitution, gay and so on. The students’ response to these questions really heated up the whole class including lecturer himself. It actually helped to break the tense atmosphere in the class too. Besides laughing at the answer given by students, lecturer’s response towards students’ ridiculous answers such as squatted down on the floor, hiding his face behind the paper that he was holding and pretended going to bang on the wall amused me. I think he purposely throw these type of questions to students as he could feeItl our tension and stress sitting fearfully in our respective seats. Knowing that we all were praying hard not to be the lucky star today, he later explained to us the main purpose of having this session in every subjects that we were taking. Its objective was actually to prepare us for excelling in one of the examination practiced in other country, which requires us to think critically and express our own view bravely. Ooo…Now only I know the presentation was actually for our own good.

Erm…I think that’s all from me for today! I need to study economics now! Tomorrow test! Cheerio everyone !

1 comment: