10.22.2009

Am I a stingy person?

It is good to have someone comments about our attitude or behavior but others opinion might not be true all the time. For instance, a generous person might be interpreted as a person who likes to show off how wealthy they are. Therefore, we must be able to weigh between true and false comment, or in other words, should we make some changes in our behavior according to others’ comments? We can’t always rely on teachers or parents to tell us when to change and when to keep our good behavior as they can’t always assist us in making such decision whenever we need them.

So, here comes an opportunity for me to start acquire this important skill as I was being claim to be too stingy. Am I a tight-fisted person? Having only RM 430 monthly pocket money from JPA, I think I should be thriftier in spending money even though I was receiving a constant amount of money from my parents every month too. RM 430 is not really enough for a person to survive in such a high living cost city but if we know the correct way of managing our monthly expenditure, we can probably limit our spending to below 430 and even manage to have a RM50 for savings every month. That’s what I am trying to do and it looks like there will be a mere possibility of success since I am not a compulsive shopper. I try to eat as cheap as possible but occasionally, I do have some great meals at Secret Recipe or Pizza Hut to award myself for being so economical all the time. I avoid buying unnecessary things and reduce my outings rate to one time per week. So far, everything is fine although sometimes I do force myself not to follow my heart. However, I always belief that our desires will not be fulfilled all the time but no disappointment, no excitement, right?

Once again, am I a parsimonious person? I think my answer is NO!

3 comments:

  1. u see!! ur array of vocab are giving me awe.

    tis word parsimonious... is er...
    let me guess..

    parsi is like a country and

    monious comes from harmonious.

    cancelling d har i get. parsimonious,
    m i rite??
    correct , rite?
    correct la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!thanks for your praises but still i have to reclarify that my Englsih is not really as great as you think...to tell you the truth, the word "parsimonious" i get it from microsoft thesaurus. It's indeed a very useful too...that's what one of the senior suggested me to do so whenever i compose an essay..you can try it if you want. i'm sure you will learn a lot of new vocab from that application.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not stingy... I know that we really spent a lot on our weekly outings.. I want to start budgeting from next month onwards... =)

    ReplyDelete