3.24.2012

Birthday celebrations

Celebrated two friends’ birthday tonight. I was the one suggested to have the celebration and planned for it. Still, I’m not a good planner. I could have ideas on how to celebrate, what presents to buy, how to make card (provided I know the person good enough) but when things don’t turn out the way I want it to, I won’t be able to solve it immediately. Often, I will have to think for quite a long time to come out with a solution. Maybe that’s my problem in making decisions as in deciding what are the things that I should put priority on. Or I’m still not confident enough to make decision especially when it will affect others’ feeling. And maybe I am still inexperience in planning an event. But luckily for today’s celebrations, I got a lot of friends assisted me to make my plan go well. I like the co-operation that we had to make things out but it could be better if we can have more communication so that everyone will be clear on the flow of the whole celebration.


This is quite a big celebration. There were all together 21 person. It’s a large number of ppl for me. I didn’t like to have big celebration actually. We will definitely be separated into small groups and this looks so un-united. What is worse is that, sometimes, some people will be left out and I would really feel sorry for her/him. And that’s why, I will tend to talk to all my friends when I attend an event together with them. I will make sure that I do that even more when I’m the one who organise the event. But hor, that will make me feel guilty as I will feel that I’m being insincere if I’m just trying to make conversation with them. Hmmm...

This is not a very satisfying celebration overall and I’m not sure whether my purpose of doing it can be felt by the birthday girl and birthday boy but still, I don’t lose the passion in planning more in the future though it’s a bit tiring and time-consuming. I am planning it with no hopping of getting anything in return. I just hope that people around me will feel that they are being cared, being loved and they are not loners in the world.

I have already had plans in my mind for my family and friends during some special occasions. But I got the problem of just thinking but not taking action when it comes to planning celebrations and giving surprises to those dear to me. No no no! This time I must take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment