2.12.2010

CNY is coming!WOohoooO....

Woohoo! Chinese New Year is around the corner. This year CNY will be slightly different from the last 18 years where I will excitedly wait for the day of CNY eve to come…For this year, I have another thing that I will anticipate for – the day when I can finally back to my hometown and enjoy the CNY atmosphere in my hometown…

In BU, I could hardly feel that CNY is actually approaching…I can’t see tomato red tang lung hanging in the garages of the houses in my neighborhood…I can barely see my neighbours having “gotong-royong” to welcome the coming soon CNY…I can barely see my neighbours decorating their houses with “Chun Lian”…There’s like no one being thrilled by the arrival of CNY except for me…I try to create the CNY atmosphere in the student house by playing CNY songs in the house…But it’s pathetic to say that I seem like the only one who enjoys listening to CNY songs and can’t wait to go home and taste those delicious and crunchy CNY cookies specially ordered by me from my mum…I am eager to return to the place that I have spent my childhood and teenage years…I can’t wait to see my family members again and have reunion with all my relatives and friends…I want to wait for their arrival from different states of this country…As usual, everyone will be back to have reunion dinner and we all huddle in one small house which is previously owned by my late grandpa and grandma…They would be happy to see us still being so close-knitted despite the separation by distance…

I always enjoy celebrating CNY because there’s reunion and there’s gathering…Reunion and gathering give me the idea that we are appreciating the presence of one another and we are still assume that we are part of the family…CNY used to be a happy festival for me and also for my former classmates and friends…We greeted each other Happy Chinese New Year, we sent CNY cards to our friends or even teachers and sometime, we did go for shopping together…We planned to visit one another’s house during CNY and we were all very excited…I thought it would be the same for everyone but today, only I realize that this is not true…There’re people who have great rejection on hearing CNY songs…There’re people who don’t care about reunion dinner, so they make no effort to turn up for the very meaningful dinner…There’re people who like to just stay at home during CNY as they simply don’t get pleasure from paying visit to their friends’ houses…On the other hand, there’re also people who still celebrate CNY in a very traditional way. They wear SamFu and Cheongsam on the very first day of CNY. It is a compulsory for his family to do so although it’s seldom being practiced in nowadays families. Not only they will dress up traditionally during CNY, they even set “Kong Ming Deng” to the sky. This is a very rare practice in this modern society already and I really hope that I can witness this very significant scene…Besides, there’re also people who feel sad knowing that CNY is coming because this indicates that their wallets have to start bleeding…

Discovering the way of other people celebrating CNY, I really feel happy for having such wonderful CNY celebrations every year…Thanks for everyone who has contributed in making my CNY celebration such a marvelous one! Although this year the time I could spend with all of you during CNY is shorter than the last 18 years, it doesn’t mean I feel bored of the same CNY celebration every year already…I will miss all the great moments that we had spent together last 18 years! HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

(Should had posted on 10.02.2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment