2.07.2013

The AWESOME summer break in Sydney!

It's quite a late update from me but it's definitely something worth to be noted down here.

On 13th November 2012, it marked the end of my second year second sem studies. From that day onwards until the day i left sydney, i had a wonderful summer break in Sydney. I played lots, learnt lots, met new friends, met good people and had fostered better relationship with friends who had stayed in sydney for summer break. I worked as a part time cafe all-rounder in a bakery cafe for three days in a week. For my non-working days, I either enjoy myself at home or hang out with friends. =)

1. 21st Birthday celebrationssss

- My birthday had already celebrated by different group of friends at different times at different places before and on my birthday but there's still a big celebration for me on the next day of my birthday. Touched as everyone is willing to pull some time out in the middle of exam period for me. <3 div="">
my 21st birthday celebration @ home thai, sydney

my very amazing friends!! <3 td="">

present from SY, DZ and Eunice ^^

Eunice's treat for my birthday @ Grill'd, Darling Harbour, Sydney. 
Birthday treats for the "three sisters" @ Lindt, Darling Harbour, Sydney
Birthday Treats from the "three sisters" @ Chat Thai, Sydney

2. Dong Zhi Jie Kuai Le @ Jabez's House

- first time making of tang yuan. it's very successful and very fun!!! tang yuan making process by JJ



the three masterchefs =))

3. X'mas Decoration hunt around Sydney

@ Sydney Town Hall
@ Sydney Town Hall

@ St.Mary Cathedral
@ St.Mary Cathedral
@ St.Mary Cathedral

@ Darling Harbour

@ Martin Place, Sydney

4. X'mas Celebration

- I don't really know ppl in Unibuds but they are all very friendly. Nice food with nice people. We play cards until 3am and i'm happy that i had made new friends. =))
X'mas celebration with Unibuds (new friends) =)

X'mas dinner with JJ and Li Ti

5. Boxing Day @ Shopping Day

- super crazy shoppers all around. I bought nothing in the end. Didn't plan to buy anything in the first place. I was just there to see see and look look. 
Super crowded condition @ juntions where all the shopping malls gather
Fully-packed condition @ Pitt Street Mall
The two champions of the day  =D

6. A day at Artarmon & Chatswood with a friend from China - Li Sheng

- I feel no pressure talking to her. Silence moment was not awkward and i like the place where she's staying. It's like a holiday village. A good place to relax myself after the very stressful uni life. 
The very cautious cook, checking recipe from time to time when cooking =)
in the process... kekeke
dang dang dang dang!
the sweet and spicy vinegar pork rib with sesame
It's lunch time! the 煎饼 and 土豆丝 were prepared by 阿姨 =))

Scenery around Li Sheng's apartment @ Artarmon

Chatswood

7. New Year Eve Celebration @ Blues Point Reserve

- the first thing that comes to my mind when i recall about this -- the toilet queue is soooooo longggggg!!! and the smell is aweful! eeeiwwwwww. but anyway, i had fun there though it's hot to sit under the sun and tiring. I reached home at around 3am. woahhh!
camped there since 10am and we SABO to kill the time =P
Happy New Year!!!

8. Birthday Celebrations

- the two gentleman who had taken care of me real good especially during this summer break. Whenever we hang out until very late at night, they will always welcome me to go to Jabez's homestay or JJ and Li Ti's Resort. =). Anyway, Happy Birthday!

Li Ti's 22nd B'day Celebration
Jabez's 24th B'day Celebration @ Chat Thai, Sydney

 9. Visits to Madame Tussauds, Sydney Tower and Sydney Aquarium

- we spent one day in each place. The three places are not very awesome, but with the three gentleman, it's awesome!! Nice memories there ~




10. A day out to Banktown with my new Vietnamese temporary roomate - Cindy

- got the chance to taste real Vietnamese food and they were indeed niceeeee except for the tofu like thingy which i found out from Cindy is pork blood. OMG

Bun Bo Hue (Hue Style Spicy Beef Noodle) recommended by Cindy. Delicious!!!
Durian + Avocado Ice Blend recommended by Cindy
First thought is eiiwwww, once in my month, niceeeeee!!

11. Working as a all-rounder in a Bakery Cafe for 2 months 

- thanks for Eden for willing to employ me even though i have no working experience in a cafe before and know nothing about coffee at all. Thanks to my colleagues for their guidance and encouragements too. I was really nervous for the first three weeks working there but after that, i start to become more confident in making coffee. I always looked forward to work there as everytime i went there, i will get the chance to improve myself. 

- talk to Eden quite a lot after working. I love the way he think about business. Quality always come first. Profit comes the second. =))

latte/hot chocolate I made 
the always very delicious lunch prepared by Eden (my boss). Miss it so much!!

12. Gifts from a Vietnamese friend whom I never know I can get so close to within a short time.Thank you!

- we only know each other for 10days but within the 10 days, she had done a lot for me and we had done lots of things together. She studies interior design and she had showed me the work that she's very proud of on the very first day we met. She had cook a lot for me and let me know about Vietnamese food and culture more within the 10 days. We had watched a horror cartoon together. I never dare to watch but because of her, i watched. We had cook together, went to the Dymocks bookstore in the city together, went to banktown together, shared music, went for window shopping together and ate the 1 dollar mizuya green tea ice-cream together. She even plead me to promise her that i will go to Ho Chi Minh for vacation one day in the future. This is sooooo unbelievable but it's true!

Vietnamese porridge prepared by Cindy when I was away for work.  Touched when i see this after coming back from work. 
Another Vietnamese dish prepared by Cindy 


A promise drawing from Cindy. I will see it when I back to Sydney and back to the room that we had shared just for 10 days. <3 td="">

1 comment: